Higher Education

If you already have a high school diploma or a GED certificate, you may want to move forward and get your associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or graduate degree.

Can I get financial aid?

To pay for this, you will probably try to get some financial aid. If you are applying for any federal financial aid programs after release (such as Pell Grants, Perkins Loans, Federal Family Education Loans, etc.), you are not restricted unless you have a drug-related offense. For possession offenses, a first offense means one year of ineligibility (after your conviction), a second offense, two years, and third offense means you are “indefinitely” ineligible, which to the government means permanently ineligible. For a sales or distribution crime, a first offense has two years of ineligibility, a second offense makes it permanent. Private financial aid or loan programs may not have any restrictions.

Local Area Colleges

Thomas Edison State College

101 West State Street
Trenton, NJ
Phone: (888) 442-8372

The College of New Jersey

2000 Pennington Road
Ewing, NJ
Phone: (609) 771-1855

Rider University

2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ
Phone: (609) 895-5000

Princeton University

Roper Lane
Princeton, NJ
Phone: (609) 258-3000

Forbes College

115 Alexander Street
Princeton, NJ
Phone: (609) 258-6094

Mercer County Community College

1200 Old Trenton Road
West Windsor, NJ
Phone: (609) 586-4800

Westminster Choir College of Rider University

101 Walnut Lane
Princeton, NJ
Phone: (609) 921-7100

Strayer University

3150 Brunswick Pike #100
Lawrenceville, NJ
Phone: (609) 406-7600